2021 NJ-11 Virtual Congressional Art Competition
Due to continuing COVID restrictions, the competition took place virtually this year to showcase high school students’ artistry and creative talent. As a result of the pandemic, students could either create an original piece at home or submit artwork they’ve created previously.
The following students earned distinction for their pieces in 2021:
- First Place: “Leave Them Outside” by Margaret Dela Cruz, Passaic County Technical Institute
- Second Place: “Keeping Face” by Sofia Dinka, Morris Catholic High School
- Third Place: “Dim Decay” by Taylor Wallace, Morris Catholic High School
FIRST PLACE: “Leave Them Outside” by Margaret Dela Cruz, Passaic County Technical Institute
2020 Competition Winners
Due to COVID restrictions, the 2020 competition took place virtually and showcased high school students’ creativity and artistic expression. Submissions were reviewed by Michele Marinelli, Curator of the Guinness Collection at the Morris Museum and Ira Wagner, Interim Director of the Montclair Art Museum.
The following students earned distinction for their pieces:
- First Place: Kate Terhune, Mountain Lakes High School, “Nighttime Allure”
- Second Place: Lindsey Mei Alvarez, Morris Catholic High School, "Mind”
- Third Place: Sofia Rodriguez, Morris County School of Technology, “The Hallway”
FIRST PLACE: Kate Terhune, Mountain Lakes High School, “Nighttime Allure.”
First Place, Tafari Dempster, Whippany Park High School,"Euphoria"