The Office of Congresswoman Sherrill is ready to assist our residents with travel-related issues.
We know residents in the 11th District are concerned about loved ones abroad. We are working closely with the U.S. State Department to help U.S. Citizens traveling and living overseas, and we would like to provide some helpful information for you and your family members during these challenging times.
- Receive updated information: The State Department provides updated travel advisories and information related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Visit https://travel.state.gov/ for country specific information.
- Have your family member enroll in STEP: Smart Traveler Enrollment Program: If you know a U.S. citizen living abroad or traveling abroad, have them register with STEP. The information they provide enables the U.S. embassy or consulate to contact them in an emergency and allows them to receive up to date information from their local U.S. embassy. For more information and to enroll in STEP go to https://step.state.gov/step/.
- Contact the State Department: Reach out/notify the State Department of their situation via the 24-hour hotline the State Department has set up to help American Citizens abroad:
- Callers located in U.S. and Canada: 1-888-407-4747
- Callers located overseas: 1-202-501-4444
- A full list of embassies and consulate can be found at https://www.usembassy.gov/.